I just finished my 6 day juice cleanse from Lifestyle Juicery. I did the Evolve Cleanse, which consisted of vegetable and fruit based juices. It starts of with a refreshing and tasteful juice in the morning and builds up to a yummy coconut cinnamon drink for lunch and ends with a delicious and rich cashew and almond milk before bedtime. There is a nice feeling to starting your day juicing, it wakes you up and makes you feel fresh and healthy, ready to conquer the day. This came at the most interesting time as I was just finishing my thesis. For those of you who don’t know yet, it revolved around environmental toxins where I took a closer look at BPA and phtalates linked to chronic diseases and as obesogens which made me extra curious to look into the facts of detoxing.
Even if some of the promised benefits posted online are still under debate and studies have shown that our bodies actually don’t need to be detoxing to rid our bodies of pollutants, there are many things that I find beneficial with the juicing. I think it would be interesting if there would be done more epidemiologic studies to determine the level of significance of these claims, as the idea behind a detox is quite interesting. How can you not become curious about something that could lead to better health…I’ve listed the top 5 reasons why I love juicing in the bottom of this post.
Juicing is expensive but as mentioned earlier this is definitely something I would recommend you guys to try out. You can use my code “abye6” when ordering from Lifestyle juicery and get a 1000 baht discount on the 4,6 and 10 day cleanse. They deliver 12 bottles every 2nd day to keep the juice fresh. There are six 500ml bottles that needs to be consumed daily and sometimes accompanied with some potions for different purposes. If you are just trying to keep healthy in your daily life they also have single bottles available for 130 baht for 250ml and 250 baht for 500ml which is a great price for fresh juices in Bangkok. Perfect to bring along to work and saves you a lot of time. We all know the hassle of cutting up and peeling the fruits and vegetables, and the absolute worst part- (especially since we don’t use a dish washer here in Thailand) cleaning the juicer afterwards. And also… these juices have much better ingredients than I’m normally able to find when going to the grocery store, and they are super delicious. Raw, fresh and real cold pressed!
The top five benefits from juicing from my personal experience:
- The increase of raw fruits and vegetables that you get in your diet. No way can you eat that amount on your own. As we already know from growing up, greens are good for you! It nurtures your body with vitamins and minerals and are high in antioxidants. Also higher intake of greens means less meat consumed which we all know is better for our environment in the long run. Another important “fact” that many studies will agree with me saying is that eating 3-500 grams of vegetables and fruits a day will decrease the risk of several types of cancer. I’m not saying you need to juice for this purpose, but this is definitely a positive side of it. You can also just add a couple of juices a day.
- Juicing is also great to shed some weight or pudge after i.ex a long holiday. I always lose weight from just a week of juicing. This is just a short-term effect if you start going back to your normal habits, but somewhat during that 6 day of juice cleansing, you will become more conscious about your eating habits, meaning you most likely will cut some calories later on and maybe replace them with… a juice.
- Better skin! Another thing that I gained from this juice program was better skin. Even now after I finished, my skin is on another level. I never wear makeup unless there is a special occasion (except my brows ahem…) which makes it easy for me to spot when anything is different. My skin is glowing and I haven’t been moisturizer since I started.
- Feeling fresh. Your body will rid of pollutants if you are being served what the bottle tells you! You will be less exposed to environmental pollutants. You are drinking pure juice (I assume that the bottles are BPA-free). Your body will feel good from it, even if it’s just for a short period, it’s a great way to reboot your system.
- Self-control. The biggest lesson I bring from bring on a juice cleanse is… that juicing is hard. It is tough. It doesn’t matter how delicious your juice is, you’re always going to want to chew on something. When you watch other people eat or when browsing through Facebook and you see that yummy food recipe video pop up, It’s hard! Being on a juice program, especially over 4 days takes some serious self-control. If you are able to stay the whole course, see yourself as a strong-minded person because you are!
Have you or will you ever try a juice cleanse? <3